Friday, October 3, 2008

At some point I will write an actual entry...in the meantime, apparently economy-related suicides are becoming more common:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/10/03/eviction.suicide.attempt/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

Interesting addendum to this story:
Loan Forgiven

While I am certainly glad this woman no longer has to worry about whether or not she's going to have a home, I worry about the repercussions of this for other people. I've seen more and more stories lately about people killing themselves and now even their family members because of financial difficulties--difficulties so great that they think they will never recover. In this day and age, these fears can be justifiable, but I would hate to see anybody attempt to kill themselves, or make it look like it, because they think it will get them out of their foreclosure.

No comments: