Friday, June 6, 2008

Suicide Pre- and Post-Combat

I've been a bit lax in blogging lately as I have been wandering between CA, NY, and Canada. Soon Mexico as well, so probably will be a bit before I'm regularly updating again.

However, I wanted to take the time to share some really interesting and insightful posts written by Lily Casura at Healing Combat Trauma. Lily writes about a variety of military issues, and with the rates of PTSD and suicide in the military lately, there are things she has certainly been talking a lot about. I encourage readers to go check out her blog, particularly the following couple posts:

http://www.healingcombattrauma.com/2008/05/the-suicide-map-of-the-united-states.html

http://www.healingcombattrauma.com/2008/05/suicide-clusters-by-race-age-and-gender-can-be-mapped-across-us.html

I hope to have the opportunity soon to work with her on researching these issues further, and if so, am sure we will both be sharing any findings on both of our blogs.

No comments: